Iron Will Times
Hey Iron Willers, please take a minute to read today’s post.
We could all use a reminder on some common CrossFit gym etiquette so I added a list for all to read. This place is our home away from home and the people are like our second family. Lets respect the facility, the equipment, and your fellow members which will make everyone’s experience here more enjoyable.
CrossFit Iron Will Gym Etiquette
1) If you’re early to class you’re on time. By showing up early you’ll have enough time to get settled in and geared up. Showing up late disrupts the progression of the class. We understand sometimes things happen that cause you to be late. However, if you’re a repeat offender please read rule #1.
2) Sign in. This should be one of the first things you do when you arrive. If you’re there to workout – sign in even if you’re not joining the next class.
3) You all are great at welcoming new members! I’m sure you remember how nerve wrecking it was to start a new program at a new gym so keep that up!
4) Pay attention when the coach is giving instruction. It really shouldn’t matter if you’ve been doing CrossFit for 1 month or 5 years, it’s disrespectful to have your own private conversation or do your own thing when the coach is trying to give instruction to the class. You may know how to perform each movement without thought, but not everyone does, so just be patient and quiet and let everyone get the full benefits of the coaches’ knowledge. Besides, you might learn something new about the lift that you would have otherwise missed!
5) Count in your head or use paper. Writing on the floor with chalk maybe convenient but if every member here wrote on the floor to keep track of their reps, we would be cleaning the floor all night!
6) Clean up your equipment, trash, and body goo! Everything has a home so when you’re done with your equipment put it away. Personal trash items like water bottles, towels, band aids, gum, tape, etc are left out all the time… Massachusetts can suspend your drivers license for littering and the Police are watching. Lastly – sweat, blood, and skin might leave your body during a WOD and when it does please disinfect the area!
7) Pets are great but the gym environment has to be reserved for our members. Lots of people have pet allergies, and breathing in dander and allergens when you’re breathing heavily to catch your breath from a set of burpees isn’t cool. To ensure that Iron Will is a great place for all of our members, we have to ask that you please leave your pets at home.
8) Control your body and your weights. Accidents happen and sometimes you have to drop your weights. Dropping your weight carelessly puts you and others in harms way and it will prematurely wear out our equipment. Make smart decisions and safely lower the weight when it’s feasible.
9) Kid Control. It’s great that our kids are around to see our healthy habits but in our gym they need to be managed under the following rules: Kids need to stay behind the tables in front of the gym (current kids area). Kids are not allowed to play with or on any equipment. Parents need to workout in an area visible and close to their child (includes running). Parents are responsible for their kids behavior/safety during class and cleaning up after them.
Thank you for helping us improve the environment at CFIW. If you have any questions or concerns about these – I would be happy to answer them.
every 2 minutes for 12 minutes
-1 hang snatch + 2 snatch (70%, full squat)
rest 5 minutes
-push press (135#/95#)
-lateral jumps over your bar (2 count)